Monday, March 5, 2018

An Important Announcement



Dear Readers,

I am penning this open letter to you all today to inform you of something that I have thought long and hard about. As of today I will be cutting back on the amount of posting I do. There are multiple reasons for this.

First and foremost, I got a job a few months ago. I was hired as a music writer at Salute Magazine, which has kept me pretty busy. As of about a week ago, I was promoted to assistant editor, so I was given even more responsibility.

Don't get me wrong, I love writing and researching stuff about music but when I spend 8+ hours a day doing it it's kind of the last thing I want to do at night when I'm trying to have some relaxation time before bed.

The whole purpose behind Young Ears, Fresh Perspective for me was to have something that would bolster my resume, keep my skills sharp, and give me something to do while I was still desperately searching for a job.

However, now I have a job in the field I set out to obtain one in. This blog helped me do just that. It made me look like a good enough candidate to the right publication and they took me on. At this point this blog has now served its intended purpose.

That said, this is what is going to be happening with Young Ears, Fresh Perspective:

First, I will not be writing any more news stories unless it is something I find particularly interesting and want to talk about it. It gets exhausting to night after night try to find something new to write about and say something interesting about it when I'm wiped out from a full day of work and other parts of my life.

I WILL however be continuing the weekly features like 5 Songs to Get You Through the Week and Throwback Thursday. Those have never been all THAT difficult to do and they require a rather minimal amount of time, research, and effort. Plus, they are a good bit of fun.

I will also still be reviewing new albums as they come out. Whenever one that piques my interest comes out that my work will not run I will gladly do a write up for it and post it here.

I will still once in a while do Op-Ed pieces. Some times I have thoughts on a topic and I would be more than happy to talk about it here.

I will still do the Top 10 Albums of the Year posts at the end of the year. It's always fun to see what was worth listening to this year.

I want to thank ALL of you who have been with me since day one or have at least been following me for a prolonged period of time. Hell, even if you have only ever read one post I would still like to metaphorically shake your hand and say thank you. It means the world to me.

Without you all I would not have been able to get to where I am today and I could not be more grateful.

I hope you all will understand why I am doing this and still continue to read the posts I do make when they come out.

One final time, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

With most utter sincerity and gratitude,

Josh Leep

No comments:

Post a Comment