Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Judas Priest's Glenn Tipton Diagnosed with Parkinson's



Judas Priest has been through the mill over the years with all of its members dealing with one tragedy or another. Now it's guitarist Glenn Tipton's turn, as unfortunately he has just been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.

In a recent interview with Kerrang! singer Rob Halford discusses the news as well as what will happen to the band as a result, saying:

“There’s been a lot of emotion today with the announcement. But we’re very happy for Glenn, that he’s been able to make a decision that’s good for him and where he’s at right now. Glenn’s thing was that this was all about the band. It was the band, the band, the band. And we said, ‘No, it’s about what’s best for you,’ and he said, ‘No, I want what’s best for the band.’ Which just goes to show you where his heart is at.

The most important thing is that Glenn is still in Judas Priest. It’s just that his role is going to be different. He can’t tour, but it’s going to be great for fans when he comes out every now and then to do 'Breaking the Law' or 'Living After Midnight.' The love that we’ve had already has been amazing, and I know when he walks onstage whenever we do that, it’s going to be something special.”

During the tour that starts on March 13th, Tipton will be replaced by Andy Sneap, who co-produced their upcoming album Firepower and also has played in the metal bands Sabbat and Hell.

I feel sad for Tipton that he has to deal with such an awful condition. As a guitar player myself I can only imagine how badly it would suck to have my ability to do the one thing I love more than anything else in the world severely hindered by some stupid illness. All I can say is I wish him godspeed in getting to a place in his treatment where it is the least difficult to live with.

1 comment:

  1. I heard about this. It makes me so sad. I always thought he was the cute one in the band. Sorry, I'm a typical girl mooning over a cute rockstar, lol. But in all total seriousness, as long as he takes care of himself, he should be just fine. The fact that he's more worried about how the band is going to do obviously shows he has one thing a lot of rockstars don't-no ego!! But it sounds like he'll be just fine because, along with the rest of Judas Priest and all the fans, he has a lot of support rallying for him to recover!!

    ReplyDelete