Wednesday, January 3, 2018

What's Up For 2018?



Howdy, folks! Happy new year! I hope your holidays were joyful, fun, and safe! Since I did one of these posts last year, I figure why not this year? Today I feel like starting the new year off by talking for a bit about what to expect from the next 365 days.

Last year I promised more album reviews than the year before that and I think I did a pretty decent job on delivering with that. Mental health problems still got in the way from doing as many as I would have liked, but I did the best I could to plow through and give you as many as I could manage. That said, I will be continuing to do the best I can to give you as many reviews on new albums as I can. I don't promise more than last year, but as many as I can muster.

I will also continue to bring you more Op-Ed pieces, as those seemed to garner quite a few reads last year. I love it when I can take a break from doing a news story or a review and just be candid for a minute with you all on a topic I've been thinking about. Plus, it kind of gives me the opportunity to explore a topic even more and come to a different conclusion than I had before. I will definitely be doing the best I can to bring you more of those as well.

The only area I feel I kind of fell through on is Top 5/10/whatever lists. This year I want to try a bit harder at getting more of those out because there are so many cool topics to explore with these kinds of lists. I've done some good ones before, but I still feel like there is more water to tread here. Any suggestions would definitely be welcome and appreciated.

I also have a bit of news to share with you all. I recently just picked up a paid gig writing for Salute Magazine. As you might have guessed, I am a music writer there. I cover a variety of genres of music, not just rock and metal. I pick up whatever rock and metal stories I can, but you will still often see me do something entirely different. I don't mind though because it's an opportunity for me to give something else a chance and become an even stronger writer.

Don't worry, though. This blog isn't about to turn into pop, rap, EDM, country, etc. posts. It's still all rock n' roll all the time here. The most influence that my new job will have here is if I discover something from an assignment that I think you guys might be interested in, I'll share it with you

What does this all mean for Young Ears, Fresh Perspective, you ask? At this point, virtually nothing. I will still be posting five stories a week on every day except Tuesdays and Saturdays as usual. You will still get the same kind of content you have been getting from me.

I will however be posting links to my articles that I wrote for Salute that day because the more people who take a gander at them, the more I get paid. I won't force any of you to do that, but it would be much appreciated.

In a nutshell, that is pretty much what to expect from 2018. I would of course like your feedback on any kinds of stories or features you would like me to run here. I'm here to satisfy your rock n' roll journalism needs. The happier you guys are, the happier I'll be. That said, let's have the best year we possibly can!

Check out my latest article on Salute! It helps me keep the lights on!

No comments:

Post a Comment