Saturday, January 6, 2018

Paul McCartney Finishing Up New Album

Photo courtesy of Ultimate Classic Rock


It's been close to five years since we got a new album from former Beatles front man Sir Paul McCartney. His most recent studio effort was 2013's New. However, the wait may finally soon be over, as McCartney says he is "putting the finishing touches" on a new record.

In a recent Q&A on his official website, McCartney was asked what his plans for 2018 were, to which he responded "I'll probably be putting out a new album." Later on in the Q&A he added that he was "putting the finishing touches to it now."

 According to McCartney the currently untitled album will feature a lot of high profile artistic collaborations as well as a song about Donald Trump.

McCartney gives the vibe that he is mostly making this album for his own personal satisfaction. He talks about it in the Q&A, saying:

"I’d like that to be something I really love and then hopefully the fans will love it too. I would like to achieve making that a really great album. Fingers crossed! That’s not what it’s called, but fingers crossed! [Pauses] It could be … it could be the new album title."

I for one am looking forward to this record. While admittedly I have not loved everything McCartney has done as a solo artist, there is almost always a handful of tunes on any record he does that I treasure and play over and over again. When New came out I had the whole record on repeat for at least a couple months. Hopefully this will be the case for the new record.

No comments:

Post a Comment