Friday, January 12, 2018

Of Mice & Men Cover Pink Floyd Classic "Money"



LA based metalcore band Of Mice & Men have made a rather bold move by deciding to give their treatment to a Pink Floyd classic. The song in question is "Money" (which can be listened to above), from the band's 1973 masterpiece Dark Side of the Moon.

As you might be able to guess, this cover is a much louder and heavier than the original Pink Floyd version. Definitely a lot more modern. Now I know a lot of you old timers aren't really willing to give such a thing a chance because of how set in your ways you are, but if you can try to be open minded for just a few minutes you might be pleasantly surprised.

As I said, this cover definitely has a different flavor than the original, but that doesn't make it bad. It could easily be its own song, though elements of the original still shine through in all the right places. Metalcore definitely isn't my jive, but I think in this instance I'll make an exception because I was pretty pleased with how this cover turned out.

Check out my latest work on Salute!

No comments:

Post a Comment