Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Black Sabbath Drummer Bill Ward Cancels Solo Tour Due to Health Issues

Photo courtesy of Loudwire


Black Sabbath drummer Bill Ward has kept himself busy over the past few years despite the fact that he did not partake in the Black Sabbath reunion. One of the ways he has done so is with his own solo band Day of Errors. Day of Errors had a tour coming up, but the dates for next month have been cancelled due to unspecified heart problems.

Ward made a statement on his personal Facebook page making the sad announcement and only covers enough to give fans the basic gist of what is going on, saying:

"Bill Ward/Day Of Errors Tour Dates Canceled
Hi Everyone,
It’s with great, great sadness that I must tell you I have to cancel the Day Of Errors tour dates scheduled in December. I wound up in hospital this past weekend with heart problems. I am OK and in good recovery at this time. However, I’ve never experienced this particular type of heart problem before, and due to its nature, I had to make the decision to cancel the dates. I want to send my sincere apologies to everyone who was planning to come out to the shows. I’m so sorry we won’t be making it – I was looking forward to seeing you all and sharing this music with you. I’ll be in touch soon.
All my love,
Bill
All Bill Ward/Day of Errors tour dates have been canceled and will not be rescheduled. Tickets will be refunded at point of purchase. Tickets purchased through an online ticketing agency will be automatically refunded. Please allow 7-10 days for refunds to appear.
Thursday, December 7 – Eugene, OR – WOW Hall
Friday, December 8 – Seattle, WA – High Dive
Saturday, December 9 – Portland, OR – Dante’s
Tuesday, December 12 – San Francisco, CA – Great American Music Hall
Wednesday, December 13 – Santa Cruz, CA – The Catalyst
Thursday, December 14 – Ventura, CA – The Garage
Friday, December 15 – San Diego, CA – The Casbah"

Sadly this is not the first time Ward has had issues with his heart. He had a mild heart attack that caused him to have to sit out a tour that Black Sabbath was doing in Europe. This and multiple other health complications have hindered him a great deal in recent years. I just hope for his sake that Ward can get as well as he can and really get his act together so that we don't lose yet another remarkable musical talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment