Saturday, November 11, 2017

Alice Cooper Gives Tribute to Former Drummer Whitey Glan

Photo Courtesy of Alice Cooper


Many artists who have reached the stratosphere in terms of career would never have been able to do so without the right help, especially in music. Alice Cooper is certainly no exception to this, but he acknowledged it recently when making a statement paying tribute to his former drummer Whitey Glan who just passed away.

Glan was Cooper's drummer for Welcome to My Nightmare back in 1975 and would stay in his live band throughout the rest of the 70's. He recently passed away of lung cancer. Cooper made a statement on his Facebook page paying tribute to his fallen comrade, saying:

"Rest in Peace, Whitey! I picked Whitey Glan as the drummer for my Welcome to My Nightmare Tour because he was simply the best drummer around, not knowing he could drink me under a table. He was just a great guy, everybody who’s worked with him considered him one of their best friends. He was one of rock's premier drummers, but in my opinion he was very under rated and under publicized -- he was certainly a drummer's drummer! Canada is less one world class musician."

Sadly I myself was unaware of Glan, but from what I've heard of his work with Alice Cooper he was nothing to scoff at. It's a shame when such talented musicians go unknown and under appreciated. Often times they are more talented than the people they are supporting. Hopefully people in light of this will look back through Glan's catalog and learn to recognize and appreciate him more.

No comments:

Post a Comment