Thursday, October 19, 2017

Ozzy Osbourne Making Progress on New Album

Photo courtesy of The Sun


Ever since Black Sabbath came to an end once and for all with the finale of their The End tour in Birmingham, England front man Ozzy Osbourne has jumped right back into his solo career and kept himself rather busy. In fact, according to Osbourne he is already "about seven songs into the recording of the new album".

In a recent interview with Full Metal Jackie on KLOS-FM (via Blabbermouth) he goes into the names of a couple of the songs and the thoughts behind it all, saying:

"One's called Mr. Armageddon; one's called Crack Cocaine. I've got a bunch of songs written – but you don't sell records anymore. [It's] not cost effective to make a record. I haven't really thought about it, because I've been doing the Black Sabbath thing."

I'm glad Ozzy is doing a new album despite the fact that it is not a very cost effective venture. I know that he has been known for being the king of rock n' roll excess, but I can tell that at the end of the day he really is in it for the music. Under all that drugged up haze in his mind is someone who actually gives a crap about making good art. That said, I really hope that whatever he comes out with next is better than Scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment