Thursday, September 21, 2017

Foo Fighters Drummer Taylor Hawkins Discusses Being Slapped in the Face by Prince Harry

Photo courtesy of Radio X


I've heard of some wild stuff happening to rock stars over the years, but this is definitely something else for sure. Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins recently opened up about being slapped in the face by England's Prince Harry.

In an interview with BBC Breakfast (via NME) Hawkins talks about his meeting with the prince, saying:

“At first you meet him and [you think] ‘It’s Prince Harry. Wow, I’ve seen you on a lot of magazines in America.’ Then you start talking and having a real talk.

On getting slapped by English royalty, Hawkins says:

I was like, ‘Wow, I’m so jetlagged right now’. We were getting ready to walk onstage and I was tired and so jetlagged. And he just goes… [slap]. I was like, ‘What was that?’ It was great, it was funny. I wore the slap with pride. He’s one of the boys. What a boy. It’s like Paul McCartney, once you break through the royalty, or the Beatles thing, you find they just want to hang out with the boys, like we do.”

I'm glad that the slap was all in good nature, though personally I think it would have been more rock n' roll and funny if it had been out of upset. Regardless, I'm glad that the Foos and English royalty seem to get along pretty well. Definitely doesn't hurt to have friends in high places like that, that's for certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment