Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Fan Mashes Up Metallica's "One" with Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive"



As if we hadn't flipped the table enough times with some of the wacky mash-ups that have come out recently, the internet has done it yet again and upped the ante even more. Somehow they made Metallica's dark, heavy classic One work flawlessly with Gloria Gaynor's disco anthem I Will Surivive, which has been titled One Will Survive (which can be watched above).

The track, created by YouTuber YepImTheToaster takes the instrument track from Gaynor's 1978 hit and welds it together with the vocal track from Metallica's beloved thrash metal staple. I have no idea how they managed to make this work, let alone even come up with the idea for it in the first place. Somehow, it does though.

While I don't normally give DJ's much credit I actually have to give some where it's due here. This is genuinely creative despite the fact that it's a crime against nature. These two songs should never have come anywhere near each other and yet they blend perfectly into something that I'll admit to wanting to shake what my mama gave me to. Check it out for yourself and you'll see what I mean in short time.

No comments:

Post a Comment