Saturday, September 9, 2017

Avenged Sevenfold Covers "As Tears Go By", by The Rolling Stones



Avenged Sevenfold has been doing all sorts of unexpected and different things lately for the sake of evolving as artists. Their most recent album The Stage was the most experimental and progressive record they have put out to date and most recently they have been putting out a string of videos of them doing cover songs know one would ever expect them to do; the most recent being As Tears Go By (as made famous by The Rolling Stones). The video can be viewed above.

Quite honestly, I like this cover a lot. I never would have predicted that A7X would do such a song, but from what I've heard they have been trying to branch out a bit more lately. When they do covers they don't want to do just metal, and it shows. They pull off this bluesy classic flawlessly. It just goes to show that they are more versatile than people give them credit for.

I'm betting a lot of their fans will be all like "WTF is this crap?! This f***ing SUCKS! Remake City of Evil!". I respect them though for wanting to get out of the box that many of us have stuffed them into over the years. I still want to hear them do primarily the kind of thrilling dark metal that we know and love them for, but I hope they do more stuff like this where they throw something unexpected our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment