Thursday, May 11, 2017

Former Guns N' Roses Rhythm Guitarist Gilby Clarke on Band Reunion



Ever since classic Guns N' Roses members Axl Rose, Duff McKagan, and Slash got back together under the GN'R moniker in the past couple of years, there have been all kinds of comments, praises, and criticisms coming from all directions. Former rhythm guitarist has recently added his input on his former bandmates getting back together as well.

In a recent interview with Loudwire, Clarke voiced a surprisingly enthusiastic and positive opinion on the Not in This Lifetime tour, saying:

“I’ve been saying from day one that I think it’s fantastic. It’s great for rock music, number one! I mean we all know that rock music has kind of taken a hit over the last ten years and I think by the success of this tour we can really help rock come to the forefront again.

Look, I was a huge fan of Guns N’ Roses before I was in the band. I think it was a great band and to me there’s nothing better than seeing Slash and Axl back together again and I’m happy for them.”

Personally I find it to be rather refreshing to hear a former member of the band (especially from the band's initial heyday) have something nice to say about the reunion even if they aren't personally involved. While I wish Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler, or Matt Sorum were involved it's still amazing to see such a tour happen. For decades no one ever thought anything like this would ever happen. I'm glad it did before they all got too old. Those criticizing just need to find something better to do with their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment