Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Kids Mime as Iron Maiden to "Ghost of the Navigator" Perfectly at Talent Show



I know usually this blog is about actual news stories in the world of rock n' roll, but once in a while I like to change things up a little and do something fun. I found an article on Team Rock's web page with a video of some kids dressed up as Iron Maiden and miming to the classic Ghost of the Navigator as each member's individual stage persona (which can be viewed in the video above).

I couldn't find much in the way of any details about the origins of the video, but I do know that they called themselves Mini Iron Maiden. It's astonishing just how well these kids do it. I've been to an Iron Maiden show myself and they nailed the movements and personas of each member of the band down to a T. There is no random air guitaring or headbanging. It's honestly like you're watching a miniature version of the English metal titans.

I hope the judges have even a fraction of a brain and rank these kids at number one in the show. There was clearly a great deal of time, effort, and heart put into this show and it would suck if some lame dance routine or crappy singer won just because it was more mainstream than Iron Maiden. Regardless, it's still cool that at least some of the next generation will know what good music is.

No comments:

Post a Comment