Monday, March 27, 2017

Deep Purple's Roger Glover Puzzled on Former Bandmate Ritchie Blackmore Reviving Rainbow



Former Deep Purple and Rainbow guitarist Ritchie Blackmore has always been a man shrouded in mystery and legend. Most people don't seem to know why he does things the way he does including his former Deep Purple and Rainbow bandmate bassist Roger Glover when it comes to why he revived Rainbow within the past year.

In a recent interview with AntiHero Magazine, Glover expressed his puzzlement over Blackmore's decision, saying:

“I wish him luck. In a way, calling it Rainbow, I thought, he’s got his own name, I would have thought he should have gone out as just Ritchie Blackmore and some really great band. I don’t want to disparage him at all – I’m a fan of Ritchie as much as anyone else is. He’s a musician. I’m blown away that I got to work with such a musician.”

Personally I kind of understand why Blackmore is using the Rainbow name again. Rainbow is essentially whatever group of musicians he puts together to play rock n' roll as a solo artist. It is a living, breathing, growing organism. Plus, Rainbow has been a long enough established name that he probably sells more tickets that way (though I'm sure that's not the main reason he did it). Regardless, I hope to see some Rainbow dates in the U.S. some time in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment