Thursday, March 16, 2017

Deep Purple Premieres New Music Video: "All I Got is You"



Deep Purple is gearing up pretty hard for the release of their much awaited 20th studio album inFinite, which will be hitting the shelves as well as the internet on April 7th. In order to get fans pumped up for this, they have released as of March 7th a music video for a single from the album called All I Got is You (which can be viewed above).

Visually speaking it's nothing much to look at. It's just footage of the guys in the band performing in a rehearsal studio as well as them just hanging out or going places. Then again, I didn't expect an aesthetic masterpiece out of a band that rose to fame before the era of MTV. Deep Purple is old school. They do things their way and leave the things as unimportant to them as music videos as simple as possible so they can focus on what really matters to them: the music.

I like the song. It's not really what I would consider an instant classic, but it's a solid track. It has a bit of a dark atmosphere, but not overly so. It sounds to me like it is blending multiple eras' worth of the band's sound into one track in a rather seamless and flawless way. Frankly, I'm a little surprised at how much guitarist Steve Morse has been sounding like his predecessor Ritchie Blackmore on the couple of tracks I've heard from the new album. Overall, it sounds like Deep Purple. Nothing more, nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment