Thursday, February 23, 2017

Steve Stevens on Working with Ozzy Osbourne



Ever since Black Sabbath played its final show recently, many people have wondered when front man Ozzy Osbourne will get back to his solo career and release another album. There has been talk that Billy Idol guitarist Steve Stevens will be on at least some of the next release from the Prince of Darkness.

Osbourne was recently asked about this, but Osbourne said:

“He’s not gonna be in my band. I said, ‘I’ve got some ideas,’ and we worked it out.”

Recently however, Stevens was approached on the subject of working with Ozzy in order to shed a bit more light on it. In an interview with All That Shreds, Stevens says Ozzy:

“asked me to do some writing with Ozzy,” which led to a studio summit. Haven’t heard anything, so I guess he’s really happy with them. So yes, I did some writing and recording with him.”

I'm curious to hear what such an album with Osbourne and Stevens would sound like. I'm sure it would probably be better than his last couple of solo albums, that's for sure. I wasn't the biggest fan of Scream or Black Rain. Down to Earth had a few good songs, but even then it still lacked a lot of the spirit of the first several albums. I'm hoping whatever we get from Ozzy next sounds a lot more melodic and invigorating rather than low, boring, and overly crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment