Friday, February 3, 2017

Black Sabbath to Play Final Show Tomorrow Night

 
 
It's kind of hard to believe that this is actually happening and it's for real, but godfathers of heavy metal Black Sabbath will be playing their absolute final show tomorrow night at the Genting Arena in Birmingham, England - thus ending a nearly five decade career.
 
The farewell tour titled The End started well over a year ago with three out of four of the original members of the band (sadly drummer Bill Ward never worked things out with his former band mates and will not be joining for the final show either) embarking out on a journey to say goodbye to all of their legions of fans around the world. When interviewed by the BBC, singer Ozzy Osbourne explained his feelings on the occasion, saying:
 
“My emotions are flying all over the place. Since I’ve got to this building today, I’ve been happy, I’ve been tearful. Let’s see what happens.”
 
When asked about the early days of Black Sabbath in 1969, Osbourne said:

“I’ve got to say something, but I’ve nothing rehearsed. I’m no good at speeches. This’ll be good for a couple of years — drink a few beers and have a jam. But it was the beginning of the most incredible adventure you could think of. I’ve had the best life out of it. One of the proudest things I have in my heart is the fact that Black Sabbath wasn’t a band that was created by some big mogul. It was four guys who said let’s have a dream, and it came true beyond our wildest expectations.”
 
I'm a bit sad that Sabbath is bidding us adieu, but at the same time I'm glad for them. They are going out on a mostly high note (the absence of Ward is still kind of a noticeable and unfortunate circumstance). These guys definitely deserve to put their feet up and take it easy considering how much they have accomplished and how long they have been at it for. That said, from Young Ears, Fresh Perspective - thank you so much Black Sabbath. For everything. You did amazing things and made a huge difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment