Monday, January 2, 2017

Young Year, Fresh Content: What I Intend to Do in 2017




Happy new year, one and all! I hope you all had a fantastic time during the holidays, if you celebrate during that particular time of the year. I'm doing something a little different from the norm today to talk to you guys for a moment about what I intend to do here on Young Ears, Fresh Perspective this year.

First of all, I want to do more new album reviews in addition to the Throwback Thursday retrospective reviews I do every week. I feel this past year I really dropped the ball on that because I'd been dealing with some rough stuff and I didn't have the energy or motivation to actively go out and listen to new music and then do an in depth critical analysis of it. I'm still dealing with many of the same set of issues, but this year I want to try a bit harder regardless. From what I hear there are going to be some good albums coming out this year and they will definitely be worth having a look at.

I'd also like to do Op-Ed pieces a little more often. Not all the time, but a little more often than once every few months. Often times a topic relating to rock n' roll/music in general will pop up and occasionally I will have a particular opinion on it that I feel is worth discussing and sharing with you guys. I'm not promising any scheduling for these pieces, but I do want to put them out a bit more often than I have.

I would also like to do more Top 5/10/some number lists. I've gotten pretty creative with these in the past and they're often fun to make. Usually I've only done them as filler pieces when there is absolutely NOTHING worth writing about that day, but I think they would be cool to do regardless of what news is out there. I like sharing my opinion on for example what the 5 best movie soundtracks of all time are and then hearing back from you your thoughts on the subject.

I would also like to hear from you guys what kind of content you would like to see me create. As much as I have plenty of my own ideas for things to write, some times I like to take a minute to hear from you readers what you feel would improve this blog or at least would be a cool thing to see happen on it from time to time. Not every idea will be implemented, but everything will at least be taken into serious consideration.

That said, I look forward to writing and rocking in 2017. Last year was a stinker, so I can't wait for it to be put to shame by the awesome stuff that goes on this year in the blog and other areas. Thank you for your continued readership and support. As always, it is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment