Saturday, January 28, 2017

Cool People Did Lego Recreation of David Bowie and Mick Jagger's Cover of "Dancing in the Street" Video



There has been a great deal of negativity going around in the world lately, and for good reason. However, I figure in light of that maybe it's time to take a break from it all for just a moment by showing you guys something I found that I thought was pretty darn cool. Remember back in 1985 when Mick Jagger and David Bowie teamed up to do a cover of Dancing in the Street? Well someone took that awesome video and did a shot for shot recreation of it entirely with stop motion video in Lego.

Turned up by the good folks over at Dangerous Minds, the video was created over the course of about three years by stop motion animator and Vimeo user William Osborne. It's arguably better than the original video, though personally I think the original gets a lot of unnecessary hate. To me it seems like one of those things where people only hate it because someone made it a trend - like with Nickelback.

Overall the video is very well done. You can tell that Osborne put a lot of time and effort into it. It matches up perfectly with the original video and the song. Personally I'm glad we've come to an age where Lego is cool for adults too and also stop motion stuff can be done with it. Personally I think stop motion animation needs to become more commonplace again, but that's a different discussion. Anyway, you can check out the Osborne remake here. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment