Saturday, October 1, 2016

David Lee Roth: "Help! I Have a Stalker!"



Van Halen front man David Lee Roth seems to be in a bit of a predicament. The charismatic singer has a new stalker that is causing him quite a bit of headache and upset and has reached out to the internet for any help he can receive.

In a recent blog post Roth made he details what is quite an unnerving situation for anyone to be dealing with and asks for advice on what he can do about it, saying:

"Help! I have a stalker. A very real one. 75 stalker phone calls in the last four months. Somebody knows a little bit about tech. They even know how to remove the number out of my phone when they want to. None of the phone numbers show up on my phone bill. Whoever is doing this knows that it’s a felony and he’s hiding. It may be a woman but I’ll characterize it for the sake of the article as a 'he'.

I haven’t pursued it beyond all the normal channels. What can I do? But I certainly invite anyone who speaks tech to weigh in here because it’s pretty rare that just one person does this much obsessive conduct and nobody else knows about it.

Whoever is doing this works somewhere, they eat lunch somewhere, they sleep somewhere and probably with someone. You better be careful. I’m a stranger and look what they did to me. You’re family, you’re familiar. He’ll turn on you with the exact same teeth and the exact same rationalizations they may have used to come after me."

This is not the first time Roth has been stalked, to absolutely no surprise. Considering what a public icon he has been since the late 70's I would be surprised if he had never been stalked before now. Roth goes into further detail about previous stalker experience, saying:

"As it was explained to me by the professionals, these calls are designed to make you terrified, nervous, afraid, upset and ruin your day which is exactly what happened to me during my first stalker experience in 1977.

I went through the phases of anger, fear, denial, etc. Van Halen was instantly successful. We sold 10 million records in weeks. With that success comes trolls and more."

That said, if any of you know anything about this kind of technology it would be pretty rad of you to help the guy out. Nobody (no matter how big headed) deserves to be made that freaked out. I can only imagine just what is going through Roth's head right now because of this. Hopefully the person doing this gets caught and punished soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment