Saturday, September 17, 2016

Steven Tyler May Be in a Guardians of the Galaxy Film



Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler has done a lot in his life: front a legendary rock band, gone solo, act as a judge on a reality TV show, write a book, etc. However, he may now be in a Guardians of the Galaxy film according to director James Gunn.

In a recent interview with People Magazine, Gunn talks about the possibility of having Tyler in the third film (as the second one is already filmed and in the can and set to be released next year). Gunn seems rather stoked about the idea, saying:

“Yes, I did hear that Steven Tyler wants to be in Guardians Of The Galaxy. The answer is, Steven, yes I am listening. And I’m a big fan of Steven Tyler’s. I had the pleasure of directing his daughter Liv in Super in 2010 in which she was fantastic, and I met him for a few seconds at a screening of that movie. He’s a cool guy. And of course I would love to work with Steven Tyler sometime.”

Personally I'm kind of curious to see what Tyler would bring to the Guardians of the Galaxy universe. However, I'm not always that big on celebrity cameos just for the sake of celebrity cameos (unless it's Stan Lee because no Marvel movie is complete without an appearance from the godfather of modern comics).

That said, if Gunn can actually write in a good part for Tyler I'd be down to see what happens. I'd be amused to see an interaction between him and Star Lord. I imagine it would be something along the lines of Star Lord thinking Tyler's character looked naggingly familiar but couldn't quite seem to put his finger on where he had seen him before.

No comments:

Post a Comment