Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Rush Probably Not Over According to Guitarist Alex Lifeson

 
 
Legendary prog rock band Rush recently began a hiatus after calling an end to touring (after a HUGE 40th anniversary tour), but although they currently inactive they aren't completely ready to hang up their instruments just yet according to guitarist Alex Lifeson.

Lifeson and band front man bassist/vocalist Geddy Lee both attended a ceremony where they were both to accept a key to the city of Toronto from mayor John Tory, though afterward they were sat down for an interview (which you can watch in the video below) about what the band's plans for the future if any exist.

Lifeson says:
 
“We’ve been following up on some other interests that we both have, and we’ve been learning to get used to the idea, and it’s taken a while. But I feel very confident about a lot of things, and music is definitely still one of them. I’m sure we’ll do something in the future. We can’t just stop playing and writing music together.”
 
Lee says (after having been asked if he continues to keep up his musical chops):

“I play almost every day. I’ve been traveling a lot with my wife. We’re very big into seeing the world and taking advantage of this break in my career, whatever it may be. But I love playing, and I play a lot. And sooner or later, the right thing will happen.”
 
I'm not surprised that Rush will probably at least get together to keep writing and recording more music. They still have some kick left in them and will probably make music until at least one of them is dead. Even then, whoever was left would go solo. As for whether or not they will do any more shows even if it's not a big extensive tour, I'm not sure what I think will happen with that. To be fair, they aren't exactly spring chickens any more either. We'll see. Regardless, I'm glad they aren't throwing in the towel altogether just yet.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment