Thursday, September 8, 2016

Original Misfits May Continue On Reunion



2016 has been quite a year for rock n' roll. While there have been a sad number of rock deaths certain forms of history have been made. For example: this past Sunday (September 4th) the old line-up of The Misfits including Jerry Only on bass, Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein on guitar and the biggest surprise of all - Glenn Danzig on vocals played together for the first time since 1983 at the Denver Riot Fest. To make things more interesting, it seems like they want to continue with the reunion.

According to an interview with Jerry Only in Rolling Stone, the band is considering carrying on with the reunion besides doing the Riot Fest shows. There may even be a new album in the works if they can let things progress naturally. Only says:

“I want it to continue. I know Doyle wants it to continue. I know Glenn wants it to continue. We just have to be big enough people to make it continue. And that’s where we’re at. Whatever it takes. We’re going into our 40th anniversary so the timing couldn’t be more perfect. Eventually, Doyle’s got to write a new album; I’ve got to write a new album; Glenn’s got to write a new album. Why don’t we work together and make the greatest album ever? Now we’ve got different elements.

I think it’s got to evolve naturally. The thing is we’ve tried to plan things and then we stand there and wait and as it comes we’ll just do it.”
 
Personally I see this as Only being a little overly optimistic and hopeful, though I can understand why considering he has been carrying the Misfits banner for the past 15-ish years and before the reunion was the only original member of the band left - even deciding to take on lead vocal duties himself rather than worry about hiring and keeping another singer. However, I hope that he is right and we do get another album from what most fans consider to be the real Misfits. It would be cool to see what they could put together after this much time.

Writer's Moment:
 
For those of you who follow me on Facebook, I know I promised a review of The Black Sabbath show I went to this past weekend today. However, I've been feeling rather exhausted today and didn't feel able enough to give the review the attention and energy it and you readers deserve from me. That said, it WILL be up by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment