Monday, September 26, 2016

Metallica Premieres Music Video for Second Single from Upcoming Album: "Moth into Flame"

With the release of Metallica's first new album in eight years Hardwired...To Self-Destruct coming up quickly on November 18th the fans are getting more and more pumped. Already having a taste of what is coming with the recent release of the single Hardwired the band has decided to give the fans even more by releasing a music video for another single: Moth into Flame (which can be viewed below).

The video for Moth into Flame is rather simplistic, as was the one for Hard Wired. The only thing that is really any difference is in addition to clips of the band playing there are occasionally clips of moths gradually gathering around an old fashioned TV set with the clips of the band playing. In a way I can see how it's a commentary on how we are all like moths gathered around the TV/media and getting burned by how controlled we are by it. At least that's my interpretation of it anyway.

The song itself has a Master of Puppets vibe to it in some respects. The guitar dual harmonies and the big thunderous bass and drum rhythms kind of give it that. I don't feel it's any of Metallica's more memorable work, but maybe I just need to give it a few more listens and some time to set in. After all, I'm sure that was the case for all of their good songs when they were new. I do like that it switches between fast picked riffs to more beefy ones. The chorus definitely has a slightly poppy melodic feel to it, but not overly so.

Overall I liked Hard Wired a little better but I'm still excited for the whole album to come out. I like what I've heard so far. I just hope it doesn't sound too much like Metallica trying to imitate Metallica, if you know what I mean. Some times older bands try to recapture their old sound to please their fans and sell more albums but end up just sound like cheap imitating cover bands of themselves. We'll just hope for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment