Thursday, August 18, 2016

Sammy Hagar Apologizes to Eddie Van Halen for His Part in Feud

 
 
Could the feud between Eddie Van Halen and his former band mate vocalist Sammy Hagar after nearly two decades be finally over? Well nothing is for certain a this point, but Hagar is certainly hoping to put the deep conflicts of the past to rest once and for all. He has made the first move by apologizing to Eddie for his parts of their issues with one another.
 
In an interview on the TV program Oprah: Where Are They Now? Hagar goes into detail about how he would like to let bygones be bygones and rebuild his friendship with Eddie before it is too late, saying:
 
“The whole Van Halen issue, I really put that behind me, and I’m proud of what we did. So I’ve decided, forgive and forget. I ain’t looking for nothing from nobody. I don’t wanna … I ain’t asking to be, you know … get back in the band and do all that again. That’s work! I don’t wanna do that. No, no, no, I just wanna be friends. I wanna say I’m sorry of anything I said bad about you.”
 
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Hagar talks about how deaths of recent legends like David Bowie and Glenn Frey have made him realize that life is too short to hold grudges, saying:

“I realized that I didn’t want to take my enemies to the grave. If I K.O. tomorrow, I don’t want to have an enemy. I don’t know how the afterlife works, but I’d just as soon not go there with any enemies.”
 
Personally I don't see Eddie reaching out to Hagar and returning the apology. It doesn't seem like the kind of thing he would do. He is kind of arrogant like that. However, it would be nice if it could happen. Hell, if Slash and Axl Rose could mend their feud (which was by far way worse than Hagar and Van Halen's feud) then I don't see why there wouldn't be at least some sliver of a possibility of them mending fences. I guess all we can do for now is stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment