Thursday, June 2, 2016

Deep Purple Finished Recording New Album

 
 
Titans of rock Deep Purple seem to be just about ready to give the world a fresh taste of what makes them the power house of a band they are and have been for the past 48 years. There have been rumours floating around for some time now that they have been working on a new album, but there was never anything substantial - until now.
 
In a recent phone interview with TASS keyboardist Don Airey confirms that the band has a new album in the can and now it is being mixed into a marketable product. He doesn't provide a whole lot of information, but it is encouraging to know that some new Deep Purple music is on the way.

Airey says:
 
"As far as I know, it's all recorded and now it's on the tender mercies of [producer] Bob Ezrin; he's going to mix it. I haven't been given a release date. I know nothing about that as yet. If I knew, I'd tell you, but I don't."

This will be Deep Purple's follow-up to their 2013 release Now What?!. Ezrin who has also produced artists like Kiss, Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, Kansas, among many others produced their previous release as well. I'm pretty pleased that Ezrin is back behind the mixing console for this album as well because he really knows his stuff when it comes to producing. He did one hell of a job for Now What?! and other albums he has worked on. I'm pretty stoked for a new Deep Purple album too, even if guitarist Ritchie Blackmore and keyboardist Jon Lord won't be on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment