Thursday, May 19, 2016

Clapton May Be Thinking of Saying Farewell

 
 
It's not secret that over the past few years blues guitar legend Eric Clapton has been considering hanging up his guitar and calling it a day for a peaceful retirement. Though he isn't confirming that he is doing that with his new album I Still Do, he isn't denying it either.

Clapton recently did an interview with Billboard where he said he realizes that each new release he puts out could very well be his final one. The song Clapton recorded for the album I'll Be Seeing You is one that acknowledges his possible retirement. Clapton says:
 
“It’s one of those things that’s been haunting me. I love the song and I love the sentiment. Just in case I don’t cut another record, this is how I feel. I kind of might be saying goodbye. But I’ve been doing that for a while.”

One thing that can lend credence to the possibility of Clapton retiring is that recording I Still Do was difficult due to the guitarist's problems with eczema. Clapton elaborates:

“It was a nightmare. I started thinking that it was psychosomatic, that maybe I was nervous. And maybe I was. Who knows? I had full-body eczema and it ended up my hands.”
 
I guess I wouldn't be able to blame Clapton if he did retire due to health reasons. I mean, who could? Can't force the guy to keep doing something if it is literally too painful for him to do. Hopefully though he can find a way to manage his condition so that he doesn't have to give up doing something that he clearly loves more than anything else in the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment