Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Axl Rose Didn't Speak to Brian Johnson Before Taking Over AC/DC Vocal Duties



You would think that when taking someone's place in something big and meaningful to them that you would at least have a conversation with the person you are replacing before doing so. It would seem that Guns N' Roses front man Axl Rose did not talk to Brian Johnson before temporarily taking over vocal duties in AC/DC before taking the gig.

While many (myself included) would normally find that to be a rather dickish move, Rose does give a reason for it. According to him, there was no time to make the "perfect arrangements" before the first show (May 7th).

In an interview with NME, Rose says:

“I have not spoken with Brian. We haven’t spoken much about Brian. There hasn’t been any negative talk with the guys or anything – it’s just the time schedule of having to get things together for the shows, while I also had Guns N’ Roses commitments, and then breaking the foot."

While I get that Rose might have wanted to make the right arrangements to talk to Johnson about taking over the job (even if only temporarily) I think he could have at least made a phone call. I think he could have easily done that much. However, what's done is done I guess. Regardless, I think Rose has DEFINITELY done a fantastic job so far covering for Johnson. He NAILS those songs dead on without trying to copy either of the band's famous vocalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment