Saturday, January 30, 2016

Vince Neil Recording New Solo Album



Ever since Motley Crue ended their 3+ decade career on this past New Year's Eve its former members have all gone in separate directions to go after various pursuits. Many of them are recording new albums, including singer Vince Neil who is currently in the process of doing one under his own name as a solo artist.

In an interview with Michigan City News-Dispatch, Neil says:

“I’ll say that we’re recording some stuff for a new record this year. You often hear some surprises at our shows. I don’t want to give away some of those surprises, but let’s just say you might have struck a nerve that could ring true."

As for how the album might stack up against his work in Motley Crue, Neil says:

“Look, I’m going to always be the guy who was in Motley Crue. but my first solo record with You’re Invited (But Your Friend Can’t Come) was over a million-seller, so a lot of people enjoyed it and Sister of Pain and many of those songs.”

This will be Neil's first solo album since his 2010 release Tattoos and Tequila, which quite frankly was WAY better than I had expected it to be considering it was an all covers album from a guy I didn't think would be able to do much outside of the band he was famous for being in. That said, I'm curious to see how well Neil will be able to do without Nikki Sixx writing his songs for him. I will be waiting and listening with keen ears for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment