Thursday, January 7, 2016

Slash: "Life now is tons of fun"


Now that Slash has not only buried the hatchet with his former band mate Axl Rose but also returned to Guns N' Roses he feels life could not be any better.

In a recent interview with Classic Rock Magazine, the guitarist goes into detail on stuff like his horror movie work, his solo band, and the return to GN'R, saying:

“Not being burned out from the night before helps. Since I’m not spending all my time at the pub or chasing dealers, I spend all my time writing and working. I do all kinds of shit and I think it’s become more exciting as I get older. The passion and desire to do it is really strong. I find it to be tons of fun.”

Guns N' Roses is set to play its first show with Slash since 1993 this April at the Coachella festival in California this April. So far the only confirmed people in the line-up are Slash, Rose, and bassist Duff McKagan. No word yet on if Izzy Stradlin', Matt Sorum, Gilby Clarke, or Steven Adler will be part of the band's activities.

I'm glad for Slash that he is able to in a healthy way make things come full circle in his life. As things once began, so too shall they end I suppose. Not that Slash's career is over by any stretch of the imagination of course. I personally hope this renewed energy makes for some kick-ass new songs from the band in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment