Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Paul McCartney Has Quit Marijuana

 

Many of you have never thought you would live to see this day if it were to ever happen at all. I know I didn't. Believe it or not, former Beatles front man Paul McCartney has publicly announced in an interview with Daily Mirror that he has completely given up marijuana. 50 years is a long time.

McCartney and the rest of the Beatles got their crash course in smoking pot in 1964 when Bob Dylan came to visit them in their hotel room in New York (though George Harrison says it was in Hamburg).

McCartney says:

“I don’t do it any more. Why? The truth is I don’t really want to set an example to my kids and grandkids. It’s now a parent thing.”

It's a bit ironic that McCartney is doing this however because the Beatles were so for pot that back in 1967 they along with several other members of British society signed their names to an ad in the Times saying “law against marijuana is immoral in principle and unworkable in practice.”

 Some things have changed between then and now, however.

“Back then I was just some guy around London having a ball, and the kids were little so I’d just try and keep it out of their faces.”

These days to get his buzz on, McCartney says:

“Instead of smoking a spliff I’ll now have a glass of red wine or a nice margarita. The last time I smoked was a long time ago.”

I guess it's a good thing McCartney is trying to set a good example for his family, though personally I don't see that big of a difference between booze and pot. It's like just switching out one vice for another. If anything, marijuana is healthier. The key thing to remember is all things in moderation. That's the best example to set.

No comments:

Post a Comment