Friday, June 12, 2015

Dave Grohl Falls Off Stage and Breaks Leg - Finishes Show Anyway


Foo Fighters front man Dave Grohl has once again proven just how awesome he truly is. Earlier this evening (June 12) the man was playing a show in Gothenburg, Sweden when he accidentally fell off the stage during a performance of Monkey Wrench according to Consequence of Sound. When he got back he let the audience know he thought he had broken his leg.

Grohl addressed the crowd saying:

“I think I just broke my leg. I think I really broke my leg. So look! You have my promise, right now, that the Foo Fighters…we’re gonna come back and finish the show. But right now [...] I’m gonna go to the hospital. I’m gonna fix my leg, but then I’m gonna come back, and we’re gonna play for you again. I’m so sorry.”

 Luckily for both Grohl and the audience a trip to the hospital was not necessary. While drummer Taylor Hawkins entertained the crowd for an hour with covers, Grohl had his leg reset and wrapped by on-site professionals. He then finished the show while sitting in a chair with his leg elevated, saying:

“I may not be able to walk or run but I can still play guitar and scream!”

There has been no statement yet about how this injury will affect the rest of the Foo Fighters' Sonic Highways tour. However, I have a feeling Grohl will try to tough it out as best he can due to his strong work ethic and punk rock spirit. The guy may be middle aged but he'll be damned if he is going to let something like this keep him from putting on the best show he can for everyone he promised one to.

The footage of Grohl breaking his leg can be watched below:

No comments:

Post a Comment