Sunday, March 22, 2015

Former STP and VR Vocalist Scott Weiland Not So Fan Friendly



It isn't so uncommon to find that someone you idolize or consider a personal hero to you isn't quite the person you had thought they were. Never did this become more apparent than when recently former Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver vocalist Scott Weiland said some rather distasteful things to fans that had paid for a meet and greet package with him at a show of his in Boston.

An article on KSHE 95 mentions how several fans were disgusted by the way Weiland treated them during their time with him. These fans posted to Weiland's online message board about these experiences and how it left them feeling empty and upset.

A user named PigsInZen wrote:

“Scott didn’t even look at me when I was talking to him, he put his arm around me and literally said ‘Let’s get this s— done with.’ As I fakely smiled for my photo, I couldn’t believe what just came out of my hero’s mouth…Scott should not be saying that when people paid $150 for a brief picture with him after the show.”

Toahiaph, another user said:

“[Scott] says something like, ‘OK, hurry up I don’t want to hear it.’ I stand next to him and smile for my picture…meanwhile he was complaining the whole five seconds that it was taking too long. I will NEVER pay to shake his hand again.”

A great deal of the fans at the meet and greet think that Weiland was under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or both. A user named Matthew elaborated on this and said, “I did the meet and greet as well and he said ‘Let’s suck a d—!’ to me and that was it. Over and done in 10 seconds. He was definitely drunk and ready to get outta there.”


It would be no surprise if this were the case, given Weiland's notorious history with substance abuse. Such problems got him fired from both Velvet Revolver as well as Stone Temple Pilots. It really is a shame that at this point in his life Weiland doesn't seem to have his crap together. All his other rock n' roll peers in his age group seem to have. It has ruined what should have been one of the best experiences for his fans by disillusioning them in a pitiful unnecessary way. Hopefully some day he can kick his vices for good and give his fans what they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment