Thursday, February 19, 2015

Man is Listening to Nickelback 24/7 for a Week Straight


Canadian rock outfit Nickelback has become quite notorious over the past few years for being one of the most publicly ridiculed bands in existence. Even a single note from them makes many people cringe. That being said, one man has decided to subject himself to 168 hours of Nickelback straight with no breaks in between.

The man in question is Jesse Carey, and he is doing this for a charity called Charity: Water. This charity builds wells in underdeveloped countries. Carey started his Nickelback subjugation on Monday and will be continuing it until Sunday.

In an interview with Relevant, Carey says this on his reasoning for doing this besides just for charity:

“I want to lift the confidence of what a human being is even capable of. It’s the feeling I get after I watch a David Blaine special, and he’s been locked in a block of ice upside down for reasons that were never made clear. All you need to know is that he did it.”

The endeavor has already raised $18,000; surpassing the original goal of only $10,000 and managing to do so before the marathon even began.

Carey did mention some concerns about his stunt. “My main concerns are the nighttime — of what kind of dreams I’ll have. Nickelback is penetrating into my unconscious. I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

Personally, I'm glad that money is being raised for a good cause but I can't help but feel Carey and everyone else are being a bit ridiculous and blowing some things out of proportion. I'm not a big Nickelback fan per say, but I still fail to see why so many people supposedly hate them this much when it wasn't that long ago that everyone was singing along to every last radio hit they were putting out. However, again I'm just glad that a worthy cause is getting a significant boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment