Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Nikki Sixx Asks For Artist Honesty on Social Media

  
Motley Crue and Sixx: AM bassist and song writer Nikki Sixx stays pretty close with his fans through his various social media accounts; particularly Facebook and Twitter. He has recently made an effort to let everyone know that his accounts really are him interacting and not just an assistant and is now calling other artists to follow suit.

In a recent Facebook post, Sixx says:

"I don’t agree with artists who have other people always posting for them or posting the same thing across multiple account’s….Even though I misspell, I believe fans would rather have a relationship with me than my assistant. I also think its absurd when artists buy followers to make themselves look more popular than they really are. This isn’t a popularity contest…Rock n roll was never about being popular, its always been about being real."

I have to admire Sixx's desire to keep in touch with those who care enough to follow him. This is exactly what having a fan page on social media is all about. I wish more artists and stars were as authentic as Sixx. Of course, I know of a few who go a step further and directly respond to people's Facebook posts and comments like Amanda Palmer, George Takei, and Michael Miley. However, it is nice to see such busy people taking the time out to actually talk with their fans nonetheless. If you can't be bothered to actually do your own social media posts it is pretty much pointless to have an account to begin with as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment