Saturday, November 22, 2014

Former Guns N' Roses Drummer Steven Adler Turns New Corner With Sobriety



Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler has always been notorious for his excessive partying and over-use of drugs. His habits and addictions were the direct cause of him being fired from the band in 1990 when he could no longer function effectively as a musician or person. However, recently Adler has made significant progress battling his addictions and has been sober for over 9 months now.

In an interview with Lucas H. Gordan Adler said:

“Right now, I’m just taking care of myself. I’ve been having these problems with alcohol, and right now I’m just taking care of it. I have a nice program I’m working, and I’m looking forward to having one year [of sobriety]. Right now, I’ve got nine months and eighteen days.”

In 2012 Adler got a new band together and released an album called Back From the Dead. However, he couldn't stay off the drugs and alcohol and had to check back into rehab; causing him to have to cancel a summer tour in 2013. In 2008 Adler was also arrested at a sober-living home in possession of heroin and has been through two seasons of the TV program Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew. All of these incidents were discussed his autobiography My Appetite for Destruction: Sex, and Drugs and Guns N’ Roses, released in 2010.

Adler is feeling very positive about the coming year. He says, “I’m gonna start working and getting the band back together. I’m taking care of [my addiction] — cutting it off at the neck. I’m looking forward to going out and playing again … It’s just been very exciting. Having a new life is exciting.”

I personally hope that for his sake Adler can stay off of all that bad stuff. Those kinds of hard drugs and alcoholism are horrible stuff to begin with, but I can only imagine how badly they have been wrecking him up at his age [49]. I can't imagine him being able to bounce back as well as he did when he was in his heyday with Guns N' Roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment