Friday, September 5, 2014

Nikki Sixx Goes Under the Knife for Double Hernia Surgery

 


Motley Crue and Sixx AM bassist and song writer Nikki Sixx seems to have been in quite a lot of pain the past few months on Crue's final tour. This is because he was dealing with quite the hernia. A couple of days ago (September 3) Sixx had some time to finally get the condition addressed due to a break in the tour. Sixx commented on his Facebook page saying:

“I have been performing during the last few months with a pretty intense double hernia but you gotta give 100% even through the pain onstage. The good news is yesterday I got surgery on both sides and it went really really well. My lovely wife, kids and Leica have been really taking care of me. I should be up and kicking ass in a few weeks and back in the gym/tour in 6 weeks.
Looking forward to seeing you all back out on the road..
PS.. Holy Jesus, it feels like I got kicked in the stomach by a horse. They gave me some pain meds but I am trying to not take them and luckily Courtney Bingham-Sixx looks pretty hot in her nurse outfit…”

Looks like Sixx is going to be A-ok, though I have to say he is one hell of a trooper for being able to deal with that kind of pain during such a large scale tour. Judging by his post, he seems like he is in good hands. Knowing his past, he has been through worse anyway; considering his past heroin and other drug addictions having nearly killed him multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment