Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Jimmy Page Announces Plans to Start New Band


Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page seems to finally be realizing that a Led Zeppelin reunion is most likely never going to happen. That being said, he has announced that he would like to start a brand new band that would play music from his career as a whole; not just Led Zeppelin.

Recently Page was asked by NME if the recent remaster releases of Led Zeppelin albums Led Zeppelin IV and Houses of the Holy had made him want to reform the band once more, to which Page said:

"I don't think it looks as though that's a possibility or on the cards, so there's not much more I can say about that. I'm not going to give a detail-by-detail account of what one person says or another person says. All I can say is it doesn't look likely, does it?"

The most exciting part of the interview was Page mentioning his desire to put a brand new band together.

"If I was to play again, it would be with musicians that would be… some of the names might be new to you. I haven't put them together yet, but I'm going to do that next year. If I went out to play, I would play material that spanned everything from my recording career right back to my very, very early days with The Yardbirds. There would certainly be some new material in there as well."

In addition to that, Page went into detail about his intense love for playing live:

"I love playing live, I really do. Live concerts are always an interesting challenge because it means you can always change things as you're playing every night. You can make it even more of an adventure. I would play all of the things I'm known to play — instrumental versions of Dazed And Confused, etcetera, etcetera…"

Hopefully Page follows through with this desire to play and puts together a kick-ass band. He could probably put together quite the super group of well known musicians, but honestly it would probably be way cooler to bring some relatively unknown talent up to the forefront of rock music. Personally, I think Jay Buchanan of the band Rival Sons would make an EXCELLENT front man for such a group. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment